Friday, November 20, 2009

World Cup 2010 continued....

So, panic set in when the possibility that some of the big teams may have to enter the play offs to get to the World Cup and that they may have to play each other.

FIFA bottled it basically. They fear the 'big' Nations missing out. I bet they are getting a right earful from a certain Russian Billionaire ;-)

Why they don't introduce a rugby style World Cup system I don't know. Top so many nations in the rankings from each continent automatically qualify and the rest scrap it out. It means that there could be less total matches and more diverse match ups. Get rid of the Germany 11-0 Litchenstein games. More evenly matched games so that lesser nations (and I include the Mighty Wales in that) can develop rather than getting slaughtered. It makes sense.

I could go on for hours about this but I won't bore you with my views. Add yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment