Thursday, September 8, 2011

Movember 2011

As of September 1st 2011 I've been growing facial hair with a purpose, as opposed to my usual laziness. The reason is so that I can be sporting the start of a Mo' (moustache) at the Robin Hood Marathon on 11th September.

The Mo' is in aid of Movember. The charity raises awareness and money to support the number one and two male specific cancers - Prostrate and Testicular.

I have done this in the past and felt this year it was about time to try to help again.

Ordinarily men will start the month of Movember (formerly November) clean shaven and cultivate a Mo' thought the month. As I am running the Robin Hood Half Marathon I thought that I would start early (this has been OK'd by Movember Organisation!!!) and keep it going for 3 months and see what I can do!!

Obviously I will update you all throughout this time of my progress and of any things that I will be doing.
I will try to keep my requests for donations to a minimum and hope I don't bother you all to much!

The link for donations will be up soon and I'd love it if you could hang on to this months charity money until it is, as I hope me running 13.3 miles on Sunday will make you want to give to this great cause.

Thanks for reading and if you want to know more please let me know. Also please spare a thought for my gorgeous wife who is going to have to put up with my lovely facial hair during this time! But she does understand the importance of Movember's work and is supporting me fully through it.

Sharif


No comments:

Post a Comment