Thursday, August 6, 2009

£1.68 Billion...

...That's how much profit the British Government made due RBS making a profit this quarter.  I know the government invested £20 odd billion but why hasn't this been on the news?  Had the government announced that they were giving some organisation this amount of money we'd all be screaming for the "one-eyed" leader of this countries head!!!!

Come on people, let's give them a bit of a pat on the back when they do have some success.

I mean I only just realised that the pound was back up to $1.70.  I had no idea.  Last I heard it was on it's way down to about $1.30.  The reason I found out about it being back up at $1.7? Because it's suddenly stopped climbing back up due to the Bank of England ploughing more money into the economy somewhere.

FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!  WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MEDIA????  I knew, normally by the hour, where Sterling was in several currencies and how shit everything was for the UK thanks to huge tickers going across the bottom of Sky News (or as I like to call it "Tabloid Shite") and BBC News 24 (or "The poor actually live like this" news).  Where was the one saying that things were looking a little better?  Makes me sick.

There's no such thing as balanced news reporting anymore.  Just the League of Gentlemen way of deeming if a news story is worthy or not........."Yeah but how many killings".......

No comments:

Post a Comment