Thursday, August 6, 2009

What is the point......

.....of going to the Cinema to see a film?

Went to the cinema yesterday to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince with my gorgeous wife.  We very rarely get to go out together and took the opportunity while down here in Penarth, South Wales staying with my parents.  Now this moan isn't about the film.  It certainly isn't about the company (had a lovely time with my wife, holding hands, kissing......like out on a date before having kids!).  It's about the cinema.

More precisely the quality of the film.  Not the content of the movie, but the actual quality of the film being projected onto the screen.

Why in God's name does anyone put up with it?  It's fu@#ing dreadful!!  It's not sharp.  It crackles.  There are little marks, sometimes lines flickering vertically.  It jumps.  Essentially it's SHIT!!!

Now, if I was the sort of person who might download a.....no don't say it Sharif.....pirated copy of a film and it turned out to be of the quality of the film that we saw last night I'd just delete and wouldn't even bother burning it.  Having sat through it last night I'm starting to see why cam versions of films on DVD are so popular!

Mind you I think the cinema's have realised this and have come up with an ingenius scheme to make up for the poor quality.  I can see the meeting of the cinema head's now......

Exec 1:"Picture quality is shit"

Exec 2:"Yep, what can we do? Invest in new projectors? Nice crisp sharp pictures like HD TV?"

Exec 3: "Too much money.  Don't want to spend our bonuses when these idiot's keep coming back for more because they think the cinema experience of a film is better"

[Laughs all round the boardroom]

Exec 1+2: "I know what to do...."

[They exchange glances and smile]

Exec 1+2: "Let's TURN UP THE VOLUME REALLY HIGH!!!"

Genius.  Let's make it so loud your brain vibrates and your eyes can't tell if the picture is  fuzzy or not!!!  Who gives a damn if you can hear someone talking in the background 3 miles away from the main character?  I want a HD quality picture.

Suffice to say I won't be going to the cinema again soon.  At least not until I've forgotten how bad it is!!  I won't start on how much of a rip off it is.......

No comments:

Post a Comment