Thursday, August 27, 2009

Caster Semenya

You've got to feel sorry for this girl.  Trains hard, runs fast, beats the opposition by miles and how do we think she does it?? 
Drugs?  No she must be a man!!
 
It may turn out that she is but at the moment she is a woman so give her a break.  Apparently her father was gutted she was a girl because he had 3 others so her up bringing was very male orientated.  She wears mens clothes.  I know loads of women like that.  She likes WWE.  Have you seen the crowds at those events?  Are all those women men??  She's got loads of testosterone in her system.  Maybe she just has loads and that's why she is fast?
 
It's now descended into a "the Europeans are being racist" thing.  Black South Africans get the chip off your shoulder.  If it was a racist thing do you not think Bolt would have been accused of something by now???
 
I hope she is proved to be a woman (how hard can it be to prove or disprove?) and that she breaks records all over the place.  I do think it's jealousy on the other teams part and it's a shame.
I hope it doesn't effect her too much either as it sounds like she's had a crap childhood as well.
 
Oh, Martin Gillingham in the Nottingham Evening Post thinks we won't see her run again.  He also writes a shit column that I can't believe I read sometimes!!!  Really, don't bother reading it if you're ever in Notts!!!

2 comments:

  1. Welsh O - do you think we'll see Caster Semenya run again? I agree with you that she is the true victim. Sorry to read that you don't like my column. MG

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD! Someone famous reading and paying attention? Well Martin, if it is you, perhaps calling your column "shit" was a bit extreme but sometimes it infuriates me. So maybe that makes it a good column. Suffice to say I read everytime.
    Now that we know she is more complicated than anyone thought before I'm not sure she will run again,which is a shame.
    Cheers for your comment MG

    ReplyDelete